You are cordially invited to
Horizon Science Academy, Cleveland High School
College Credit Plus Parent Info Night
Thursday, January 26th 2023 at 5:00 pm
Ohio’s College Credit Plus can help students earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university through College Credit Plus program is free. That means no cost for tuition, books, or fees if you attend public school in the state of Ohio.
In order to enroll in CC+ courses, a student must:
- Attend a parent/ student meeting informing all involved in the benefits and statewide changes in the program.
- Apply to college in accordance with the college’s established procedures for admission.
- Meet the established standards for admission and for course placement at the college/ university
CC+ courses taken from public institutions of higher education are offered to eligible students cost-free. However, earning a grade of an "F" in a CC+ course, or failure to complete the course, other than for reasons generally accepted by the school district, may result in all financial obligations of the course defaulting to the student and his or her parents/guardian.
In order to participate in this academic opportunity, parents and students are strongly advised to attend a mandatory information session regarding enrolling in CC+. Therefore, HSA Cleveland will organize a parent info night all about CC+ on Thursday, January 26th 2023 with the collaboration of TRI C. The representative from TRI C Metro Campus will talk about the general process of CC+ applications and answer the parents’ questions. We would like to see you at this important and beneficial event.
Please RSVP to [email protected] by January 24th.
- 5:00 pm – 5:15 pm: Dinner (Pizza and Soft Drink).
- 5:15 pm – 5:45 pm: CCP Presentation by Danny Vazquez, TRI-C Metro Campus.
- 5:45 pm – 6:00 pm: Question and Answer session.
- 6:00 pm: End of the program.
Topic: CCP Parent Info Meeting by HSA Cleveland High School
Time: Jan 26, 2023 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 710 9536 4421